Friday, November 29, 2013

I have been following Alice Hendon's blog, The Creator's Leaf to learn how to use the Dylusion Inks.  This is my first attempt and first layer of color.  I used a stencil to put some background on the paper, however, you will see later it disappears with all the playing around I did with the inks and water spritzing.
This one turned out okay, except it is too yellowy for me.

Inks used, postbox red, lemon zest and fresh lime.  I really like the affect of the spots.

Here I used more fresh lime, pure sunshine and a touch of lemon zest.

This one has too much fresh lime, maybe will try softening up the colors a bit.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Repost of Challenge 143 Cruze

This is my second posting of the Diva Challenge, Cruze.  The first posting did not look right to me and I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  After looking at the challenges that others posted to the Diva Challenge, I saw what was shading!  Ugh, how could I forget something so basic to completing a design.  I pulled out me tile and added some more black here and there, put in the shading and at the last minute added some aqua copic marker.  Now this tile looks better to me.  I wish I would have added the before on the same page, you can see the first one here on my blog.  Let me know what you think.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013