I have been working on some Mandella designs to present to South Side Brushes for a seminar I will be teaching them next year. I like the format of this design, however, I want to change the pattern that is yellow to another tangle and I am not happy with the look of the colors. The teal and orange need to be softened.
A new mandala. The design was made from a circle stencil. Colored with Prismacolor pencils.
Looking at the first mandela, the white on the black and white bands did not look right to me. So,
I added some crimson red to the white area's. You can see the bands look more finished off by adding the color.
Yesterday I spent the day with Mary and Patti, learning to create a flexigon. A flexigon is a narrow sheet of paper, we used 2" x 16", folded in such a way that when it is folded together, it can be opened to display three different sides. You decorate each side. The one above is my first side. The top drawing is the basic black and white. The black is micron ink. The second image is the same picture painted with Derwent Inktense Color Pencils. I see I need to shade the colored piece and after I will repost it.